مہوش حیات کو تمغہ امتیاز دینے کے اعلان پر شوبز انڈسٹری حیران

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
So you are saying that IK wrote out the recipient list? Get a life.
I think he was referring to PTI, wholesomely. BTW, it is about the people whose tax money is spent on giving these celebrities the award and the allied benefits. It seems their legitimate right to question this. Although, a number of prominent names from the industry such as Reema Khan, Nasir Adeeb, Babra Sharif, Shabbir Jan, Iftikhar Thakur, Sajjad Ali, Attaullah Esakhelvi is also on the list and no one is questioning their names.

To be honest, each one of these names can be classed as the performers who have uplifted the image of Pakistan. Conversely, I cannot remember any of Mehwish Hayat's performances which even come close. So surely, if there is smoke, there must be fire. If a large number of people is opposing this move, it simply means there had been some favoritism going on in here.

Overall, PTI, instead of getting stubborn on it, should take it as an opportunity to readjust their course of action, otherwise they will have to pay the price for it.

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I think he was referring to PTI, wholesomely. BTW, it is about the people whose tax money is spent on giving these celebrities the award and the allied benefits. It seems their legitimate right to question this. Although, a number of prominent names from the industry such as Reema Khan, Nasir Adeeb, Babra Sharif, Shabbir Jan, Iftikhar Thakur, Sajjad Ali, Attaullah Esakhelvi is also on the list and no one is questioning their names.

To be honest, each one of these names can be classed as the performers who have uplifted the image of Pakistan. Conversely, I cannot remember any of Mehwish Hayat's performances which even come close. So surely, if there is smoke, there must be fire. If a large number of people is opposing this move, it simply means there had been some favoritism going on in here.

Overall, PTI, instead of getting stubborn on it, should take it as an opportunity to readjust their course of action, otherwise they will have to pay the price for it.
Im not a fan of Mehwish Hayat, and dont even watch TV or movies much, but the fact remains that Mehwish Hayat has been the biggest component of Pakistan cinemas revival. She has starred in the most hit films since this trend began, so lets give credit where its due. She has done with which made good money for the movie industry.

My problem is not really with who gets selected, or nominated. My problem is with the sudden urge to find fire at the sight of anything that resembles smoke. Someone posted a thread with a video titled "Mehwish Hayat got nominated because she is friends with Imran Ismail".......except that the video was of an interview of Imran Ismail in which he said I have never even met her. Go figure.

Sohail Shuja

Im not a fan of Mehwish Hayat, and dont even watch TV or movies much, but the fact remains that Mehwish Hayat has been the biggest component of Pakistan cinemas revival. She has starred in the most hit films since this trend began, so lets give credit where its due. She has done with which made good money for the movie industry.

My problem is not really with who gets selected, or nominated. My problem is with the sudden urge to find fire at the sight of anything that resembles smoke. Someone posted a thread with a video titled "Mehwish Hayat got nominated because she is friends with Imran Ismail".......except that the video was of an interview of Imran Ismail in which he said I have never even met her. Go figure.
If it is about the commercial business, then I guess the stage dancers in our punjabi dramas are even more credible than her for the award. They have revived the stage/theater in Pakistan. On the other hand, you have acknowledged that the video is going viral... why do stuff go viral? its because many people think alike on that issue. Otherwise stuff just fades out.

Anyways, I do not blame anyone particularly for this selection. However, the people in the selection process needs to be reminded of the standards which are to be followed while choosing a person for such national awards.

Her cinematic achievements in terms of business revenue is only good for a film-fare award. Nothing more, or is there any particular achievement which you would like to mention for her being selected as a National Icon?

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
If it is about the commercial business, then I guess the stage dancers in our punjabi dramas are even more credible than her for the award. They have revived the stage/theater in Pakistan. On the other hand, you have acknowledged that the video is going viral... why do stuff go viral? its because many people think alike on that issue. Otherwise stuff just fades out.

Anyways, I do not blame anyone particularly for this selection. However, the people in the selection process needs to be reminded of the standards which are to be followed while choosing a person for such national awards.

Her cinematic achievements in terms of business revenue is only good for a film-fare award. Nothing more, or is there any particular achievement which you would like to mention for her being selected as a National Icon?

There are lots of flaws in our selection process, no doubt. Certainly some correction is needed somewhere, but it should be on a much broader scale..............and not just to target Mehwish Hayat.

To give you an example, Jahangir Khan, who in my opinion, is the greatest athlete of all time, got Hilal-e-Imitiaz, which is the second tier medal.
Jansher Khan, on the other hand, got both, SItarae Imtiaz, the first tier medail, as well as the HIlal-e-Imtiaz. Go figure!

Steyn

I don't know about the showbiz but siasat forum members are definitely surprised.

Muhammad Jibran

So you are saying that IK wrote out the recipient list? Get a life.
Whatever happens in the country is the responsibilty of state head..... Remeber what hazrat e Umar said ?
Darya k kinaray ak kutta bhe bhook say mar gaya tou main umar us ka jawadeh hounga.....