Siasat.pk Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation WIFE SHARING in INDIAN Villages.

BAGHPAT - When Munni arrived in this fertile, sugarcane-growing region of north India as a young bride years ago, little did she imagine she would be forced into bearing children with her husband’s two brothers who had failed to find wives.

My husband and his parents said I had to share myself with his brothers,” said the woman in her mid-40s, dressed in a yellow sari, sitting in a village community centre in Baghpat district in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh. “They took me whenever they wanted — day or night.
    When I resisted, they beat me with anything at hand,”
    said Munni, who had managed to leave her home after three months only on the pretext of visiting a doctor.
    “Sometimes they threw me out and made me sleep outside or they poured kerosene over me and burned me.”

Secret Practices
    Just two hours drive from New Delhi, with its gleaming office towers and swanky malls, where girls clad in jeans ride motor bikes and women occupy senior positions in multi-nationals, the mud-and-brick villages of Baghpat appear a world apart.

Here, women veil themselves in the presence of men, are confined to the compounds of their houses as child bearers and home makers, and are forbidden from venturing out unaccompanied.

According to India’s 2011 census, there are only 858 women to every 1,000 men in Baghpat district, compared to the national sex ratio of 940.

Child sex ratios in Baghpat are even more skewed and on the decline with 837 girls in 2011 compared to 850 in 2001 — a trend mirrored across districts in northern Indian states such as Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan and Gujarat in the west.

“In every village, there are at least five or six bachelors who can’t find a wife. In some, there are up to three or four unmarried men in one family. It’s a serious problem,” says Shri Chand, 75, a retired police constable.

“Everything is hush, hush. No one openly admits it, but we all know what is going on. Some families buy brides from other parts of the country, while others have one daughter-in-law living with many unwedded brothers.”

Sons, in traditionally male-dominated regions, are viewed as assets — breadwinners who will take care of the family, continue the family name, and perform the last rites of the parents, an important ritual in many faiths.

Daughters are seen as a liability, for whom families have to pay substantial wedding dowries. Protecting their chastity is a major concern as instances of pre-marital sex are seen to bring shame and dishonour on families.

Sons, in traditionally male-dominated regions, are viewed as assets — breadwinners who will take care of the family, continue the family name, and perform the last rites of the parents, an important ritual in many faiths.

Daughters are seen as a liability, for whom families have to pay substantial wedding dowries. Protecting their chastity is a major concern as instances of pre-marital sex are seen to bring shame and dishonour on families.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

Last edited by Waseem; 27-Oct-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Please add images in your threads.

2. Thanks EniGma90, cefspan, frenes, KhanHaripur thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WIFE SHARING in INDIAN Villages.

astaghfirullah incest is also common in india and
    Last edited by Adeel; 28-Oct-2011 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Please stop abusing other religions. how would you feel if someone say this about our religion?

4. Likes KhanHaripur liked this post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

They are lucky they get to share a wife. In twenty years they won't be able to do that.either. If they are lucky they might be able to marry inflatable dolls otherwise they have to content with a picture.

6. Dislikes KhanHaripur disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

disguting religion and disgusting country

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hamein India per qabza karna chahiye hai or wahan k mazloomoun ki madad karni chahiye hai or un se jizya lena chahiyae hai

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    They are lucky they get to share a wife. In twenty years they won't be able to do that.either. If they are lucky they might be able to marry inflatable dolls otherwise they have to content with a picture.
    in twenty years you mean there will be no women in india.. and your dream of Gay India will come true... lol

10. Likes Malik Mahmod, mrcritic, NoFear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

.. this is nothing ...You people should read up about Dev Dasi and Joghni ...Unicorn here knows all about it...it is better you dont lift the lid of this gutter in India ...theirs MASSIVE FILTH underneath it

Incest is lot more common in Pakistan.

12. Likes KhanHaripur, mrcritic, NoFear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Why dont you fix your own problems first before worrying about others Joghini ....read the article ...go to that village and fix your people ...dont worry about us....we very well know what to do and what is incest ....we dont produce half animal and half human inbreds like you

Incest is lot more common in Pakistan.

14. Likes KhanHaripur liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You see the moral level of this person ?? ...clearly shows what his priorities are in life for people in that "Class" ...thats how they think . If such is the way they think about their own people then we all can imagine what their thoughts are about others.

Also wife sharing is not incest. It is forced prostitution like what the animals do...but then this would make sense to a clear mind not to people whose logic is flawed

16. Dislikes Huma disliked this post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by modern.fakir View Post
    You see the moral level of this person ?? ...clearly shows what his priorities are in life for people in that "Class" ...thats how they think . If such is the way they think about their own people then we all can imagine what their thoughts are about others.

Also wife sharing is not incest. It is forced prostitution like what the animals do...but then this would make sense to a clear mind not to people whose logic is flawed
    I see that you have away for a few days nursing your injuries after getting thrashed. Two men married to a same woman who is not related to them is not incest. I have to educate you on everything I am going to start charging you tuition fees.

18. Dislikes mrcritic disliked this post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lawangeen View Post
    in twenty years you mean there will be no women in india.. and your dream of Gay India will come true... lol
    Lot of them are aborting girls what do you think will be the result. I think a am will go into the business of manufacturing inflatable women that they can marry.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm....this is gross, Indian Sikhs are famous for this behavior, we use to hear lot of Sikh jokes about such stuff. Answer for such trend lies in Sikh tradition of marry far away families. Because of being too selective in marriage, the real fallout comes this way. Sadly the Sikh religion was dominated by their 10th Guru Gobind Ji's ideas, who was more of Warrior than social reformer. So since 1700, Sikh religion had nothing to do with Bhagti and oneness of divine origin, but its Jihadi part dominated it, which somehow provided with Ranjeet singh's Empire in Punjab and Kashmir, and made this religion, one of powerful religions in India. Apart from history, if we consider situation of general principles all across Punjab, mindset is more or less similar. On the other side of Ravi river, starts Pakistani Punjab, and here woman are bit better off in context of Sexual life. But other Punjabi attitudes are still shared on the both sides of Ravi river.
    Pakistani Punjab is equally male chauvinist heaven as across the Indian border Punjab, and women are considered liability in both place. Women quality of life is equally traumic and full with dilemma.
    Last edited by Desi_Action; 27-Oct-2011 at 10:30 PM.

21. Likes moahhid liked this post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desi_Action View Post
    Hmmm....this is gross, Indian Sikhs are famous for this behavior, we use to hear lot of Sikh jokes about such stuff. Answer for such trend lies in Sikh tradition of marry far away families. Because of being too selective in marriage, the real fallout comes this way. Sadly the Sikh religion was dominated by their 10th Guru Gobind Ji's ideas, who was more of Warrior than social reformer. So since 1700, Sikh religion had nothing to do with Bhagti and oneness of divine origin, but its Jihadi part dominated it, which somehow provided with Ranjeet singh's Empire in Punjab and Kashmir, and made this religion, one of powerful religions in India. Apart from history, if we consider situation of general principles all across Punjab, mindset is more or less similar. On the other side of Ravi river, starts Pakistani Punjab, and here woman are bit better off in context of Sexual life. But other Punjabi attitudes are still shared on the both sides of Ravi river.
    Pakistani Punjab is equally male chauvinist heaven as across the Indian border Punjab, and women are considered liability in both place. Women quality of life is equally traumic and full with dilemma.
    What ever you are taught about Sikhs in Pakistani social studies is false. Sikhs in general are way more progressive than any other community in south Asia. I am not a Sikh but I can say that Guru Gobind Singh was a warrior but he only used violence strictly for defense and he came to the aid of all people.
    Last edited by Unicorn; 27-Oct-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

yeh kam tu pakistan iran lebnon waghera main bhi hota hai mutta or misyaar k naam say ...

24. Likes moahhid liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

lol lol ...hahahah ...the bruises of bashing can be seen everytime you open your mouth Unicorn......You ran away from the last forum again ..lol ...anyways ...as far as tuition goes ..then subjects cannot tutor masters.

We ruled you for a 1000 years ...your ancestors learned back then and you still are learning today...
    - I can prove it with your presence on this forum

- So beggars cant be choosers ...stick around and learn and keep your mouth shut if you cant say anything right in a given situation
    I see that you have away for a few days nursing your injuries after getting thrashed. Two men married to a same woman who is not related to them is not incest. I have to educate you on everything I am going to start charging you tuition fees.

26. Likes TruPakistani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For a person who cant tell the difference in animalistic reproduction and incest ...he should not be commenting on education. As india has a pathetic education system

What ever you are taught about Sikhs in Pakistani social studies is false. Sikhs in general are way more progressive than any other community in south Asia. I am not a Sikh but I can say that Guru Gobind Singh was a warrior but he only used violence strictly for defense and he came to the aid of all people.

Post Thanks / Like

You sound like your testing samples right now.....lollololol ...hahahahahahahaha ....What an Idiot ....

Lot of them are aborting girls what do you think will be the result. I think a am will go into the business of manufacturing inflatable women that they can marry.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

@ unicorn
    In Pakistan, we are taught nothing about Sikhs, this is what I can tell you with full authority, because I had been student of the best institutions there. Pakistani state history starts with 'Muhammad bin Qasim's arrival in Sindh' and feel sorrow in the decline of Mughal rule in Delhi, back in 1857. Nothing is told about Ranjeet Singh. Interestingly enough, ancient site of Harrapa is 20 KM away from my city, nothing was taught about that as well. So Ranjeet Singh is just another name in state history of Pakistan. Sadly, but it is so. ...
    Let make an analogy in that regard to have a better understanding about what I said earlier, I compare Sikh Guru Gobind ji with Aiman alzawari and Osama bin Laden. If you have interest in Islamic history, another interesting fellow is 'Hasan al Sabah' and his famous disciples called 'Hashishians', they used terror as a tool to subjugate people and creating a political crisis to turn things according to their agenda and understanding. So if one reads the account of calamities done by 'Banda Baraghi or 'Bhanda bhadur' as guru entitled him, upon the people of Punjab, then one can draw a parallel line between these people. Terror was their prime tool, these people allow their passion to over run their logic. Logical mind generally fails in such companies, and they openly despise the people who invite them to some sort of dialogue or peace. And today's world is suffering the heat of the beliefs of minds behind the creation of Al Quida and Taliban. They share the same academic propaganda line as people of the past shared, which I referred. They are passionate people, they believe in uni-direction political and religious world. Pluralistic societies is sinful and idiotic thought in their mind mirror. They wish to run world according to their belief or understanding.This is what they stand for. Certainly nobody doubts about their bravery and cruelty. What another common thing about these fellows is that: they stood against great empires and powers of their respective times; Sikh guru and his disciples stood against Mughals, Hasan al Sabah stood against Saljuks, and Osama bin Laden against US. These are their stated positions.
    In the later times of Sikh rule of Ranjeet Singh in Punjab, things were much better, he had many Muslim in his army or in his ministries. In fact his prime minister was Muslim. But my focus is previous century. But as for your argument is that, whatever we are taught is wrong, which you don't know, and perhaps not even interested to know. But it is certainly very convenient to say that everything is wrong across the border. So this website is full with such fellows who refuge in convenient settlement; as per Zaid Hamid said yesterday -'It is my belief that every evil in Pakistan is coming from India, and RAW is behind it'. Now this is quite a convenient statement. What do you say?
    Last edited by Desi_Action; 27-Oct-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desi_Action View Post
    @ unicorn
    In Pakistan, we are taught nothing about Sikhs, this is what I can tell you with full authority, because I had been student of the best institutions there. Pakistani state history starts with 'Muhammad bin Qasim's arrival in Sindh' and feel sorrow in the decline of Mughal rule in Delhi, back in 1857. Nothing is told about Ranjeet Singh. Interestingly enough, ancient site of Harrapa is 20 KM away from my city, nothing was taught about that as well. So Ranjeet Singh is just another name in state history of Pakistan. Sadly, but it is so. ...
    Let make an analogy in that regard to have a better understanding about what I said earlier, I compare Sikh Guru Gobind ji with Aiman alzawari and Osama bin Laden. If you have interest in Islamic history, another interesting fellow is 'Hasan al Sabah' and his famous disciples called 'Hashishians', they used terror as a tool to subjugate people and creating a political crisis to turn things according to their agenda and understanding. So if one reads the account of calamities done by 'Banda Baraghi or 'Bhanda bhadur' as guru entitled him, upon the people of Punjab, then one can draw a parallel line between these people. Terror was their prime tool, these people allow their passion to over run their logic. Logical mind generally fails in such companies, and they openly despise the people who invite them to some sort of dialogue or peace. And today's world is suffering the heat of the beliefs of minds behind the creation of Al Quida and Taliban. They share the same academic propaganda line as people of the past shared, which I referred. They are passionate people, they believe in uni-direction political and religious world. Pluralistic societies is sinful and idiotic thought in their mind mirror. They wish to run world according to their belief or understanding.This is what they stand for. Certainly nobody doubts about their bravery and cruelty. What another common thing about these fellows is that: they stood against great empires and powers of their respective times; Sikh guru and his disciples stood against Mughals, Hasan al Sabah stood against Saljuks, and Osama bin Laden against US. These are their stated positions.
    In the later times of Sikh rule of Ranjeet Singh in Punjab, things were much better, he had many Muslim in his army or in his ministries. In fact his prime minister was Muslim. But my focus is previous century. But as for your argument is that, whatever we are taught is wrong, which you don't know, and perhaps not even interested to know. But it is certainly very convenient to say that everything is wrong across the border. So this website is full with such fellows who refuge in convenient settlement; as per Zaid Hamid said yesterday -'It is my belief that every evil in Pakistan is coming from India, and RAW is behind it'. Now this is quite a convenient statement. What do you say?
    This is your quote "this is gross, Indian Sikhs are famous for this behavior," I agree with you that they may be famous but its your educational system who made them famous. Dr. Farrukh Saleem, I shall post a video to prove my claim soon, quoted only a few words of hate taught in your education system. I cannot post the videos of some of your Moulanans with their venom against Sikhs one in particular Maulana Azhar. Either you are in denial about your education system or just ignorant to it.

What kind of history is taught in Pakistan we don't have any problem. I understand unless there is some kind of Islam in it its not taught and this is fine with us..

Comparing Guru Gobind Singh to Osama is just absurd. History written by Sikhs about them is quite a bit glorified, nothing compared to Pakistan. Aurengzeb, as a king had the right to impose Jizia and second class status for non-Muslims. Gobind Singh also had the right not to pay Jizia and to refuse to accept second class status. There is nothing in recorded in the history where he had killed any Muslims indiscriminately. His battle was with the state not Muslims.

Just like other religions Sikh don't have a single set of belief they are also divided in a few sects. Banda Bahadur did not have a lentthy millitary history. He attacked treasury of Panipat, fought a small battle in Banur against army looted treasury , attacked Sirhand from there he attacked Lahore. It was something more than he could chew he lost and withdrew to his base in Loh Gar eventualy surrounded by the Mughal army captured and Killed. That was his brief history there are no reliable records that he terrorized anyone.

It is not your belive but the believe of most Pakistanis that RAW is responsible for all the evil in Pakistan. You are entitled to your belifs but you have to produce the proof, if not to India than to UN.

31. Dislikes TruPakistani disliked this post

Professional
    Post Thanks / Like

If i wish same for ur Sister n rest of family females then m sure u would b more lucky then any idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast