Siasat.pk Forums
    Post Thanks / Like

Awam Ki Adalat - 9th Oct 2011 - Gen (r) Hamid Nawaz, Maria Sultan, Shehzad Ch, Dr S Akbar Zaidi - Defense budget

2. Thanks zeyafa thanked for this post
    Dislikes zubair1234 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Awam Ki Adalat - 9th Oct 2011 - Gen (r) Hamid Nawaz, Maria Sultan, Shehzad Ch, Dr S Akbar Zaidi - Defense budget

Total waste of time.

4. Dislikes zeyafa disliked this post

Advanced
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Awam Ki Adalat - 9th Oct 2011 - Gen (r) Hamid Nawaz, Maria Sultan, Shehzad Ch, Dr S Akbar Zaidi - Defense budget

This "GEO TV (Jew TV)" is not missing any chance to cause more and more confusion about pakistan army. if you go and check any program of jew tv. all they do is propaganda against pakistan army directly or indirectly. all of their anchors are anti pakistan army. All of their programs are anti pakistan army.

6. Likes zubair1234 liked this post
    Dislikes mehar, zeyafa, Hatham disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent program.

8. Thanks zeyafa thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

if you have faith, one faithful can overcome 10 infidels
    if its too much for u to comprehend, then one faithful can overcome 2 infidels...

in short, even if your enemies have technology 10 times better than yours, you can still win.. all u need is a faith..

i think our army should make it very clear to the world... no more conventional warfare now.. just A-bomb so dont mess with us...

spend only on minimum requirement of army.. rest of the budget should be spent on welfare of people...

10. Thanks zeyafa thanked for this post

Intermediate
    Post Thanks / Like

Maria's points while delivered with a lot of confidence are very wrong. The technology which Pakistan is missing (in case of May 2) is owned and possessed by China and China would have delivered it to Pakistan but Army never planned well for it.

Also, there are a lot of expenditures in Army which have been mentioned by Akbar Zaidi and some he could not mention e.g. the sharaab in the messes, which is also bought with nation's money. The Retd. General refused on cars and plots...there is so much expenditure which is done on that side. Everyone in Pakistan knows about the Army plot mafia and that is all indirect expenditure on Army which is not even counted in the percentages they are talking about.

Moreover, I believe these guys should have used % of budget as well - instead of talking about % of GDP. Most of the people don't even understand what GDP is (including some people on this forum). The total budget is a portion of GDP. We are able to collect the lowest %/GDP in Pakistan so when you try to compute the 3.5% of GDP as a portion of budget it's about 40% with the current figures.

One very important point is completely ignored. I agree that point would have changed the topic. Army has caused the problems/threats due to which we need Army more and more.

I saw the fourth part after writing the above paragraph. at 4.22 Maria says the same point but from his point of view. The point is that Army always plays politics internationally and domestically and keeps Pakistan in war and all the problems. Whenever US wanted a big war by Pakistan - US took Army's help to topple elected PMs, in one case hanged/murdered a PM to keep on doing wars.

Bohat aala result!!

If these results were representing the whole country the answer might have been 80:20 especially if done around April. Army plays dirty games to manage it's image and to stay strong and they have done that in the past few months. Also, Kayani never becomes a prob for Zardari coz Kayani knows that if Zardari is replaced - the next guy will be a problem for Kayani especially if it's Nawaz Sharif or Imran Khan. Second reason ofcourse is that Zardari and Kayani report to the same masters .... Kayani has a higher ranking though.

12. Dislikes zubair1234 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Awam Ki Adalat View Post

yahood o nasara and hanood lobby is working against pakistan why u don't ask why india is spending on defance.

14. Dislikes mjzafar, mehar, zeyafa, Hatham disliked this post

Intermediate
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Awam Ki Adalat - 9th Oct 2011 - Gen (r) Hamid Nawaz, Maria Sultan, Shehzad Ch, Dr S Akbar Zaidi - Defense budget

what a thought provoking discussion. The paradigm of the competition is shifted from war to development but unfortunately our military is not ready to compromise on budget sacrifice. Still they want more.
    Should be invested on health, better education and economical development. Pakistan is facing more threat from inside despite outside and this inside threat is caused by the same logic we are following since 1947.
    Its really hard to identify as Pakistani outside Pakistan. People reiterate after introduction as Pakistani. This name became shame due to these policies.
    Every nation is proud to be that nation but we are symbol of terrorism, illiteracy, injustice, etc. We support murderers. We social by cot minorities. We do not stop child labour. We do not raise questions raps and police terrorism. We do not put full stop on illegal role of our agencies. We do not concentrate on power and other industrial development. We are not ready to vote honest people but dont mind to vote proven criminals.
    What a unique nation are we.

Professional
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the use of this programme now when the next budge is scheduled only in June 2012 unless some wants to bring a motion to have cuts in the current fiscal year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2saint View Post
    if you have faith, one faithful can overcome 10 infidels
    if its too much for u to comprehend, then one faithful can overcome 2 infidels...

in short, even if your enemies have technology 10 times better than yours, you can still win.. all u need is a faith..

i think our army should make it very clear to the world... no more conventional warfare now.. just A-bomb so dont mess with us...

spend only on minimum requirement of army.. rest of the budget should be spent on welfare of people...

I think, we think so much alike, as It happens so many times, I think we are both on same payroll. B)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeyafa View Post

I think, we think so much alike, as It happens so many times, I think we are both on same payroll. B)
    we may be on same page, but payroll!!! where r my cheques :p since i am jobless, i need cash desperately