Siasat.pk Forums
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Intermediate adnan78692's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan, Pakistan
    Posts
    737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Aftab Iqbal Has Joined The GEO..U'll get to see Aftab Iqbal show in 10 days...

    Aftab Iqbal Have Join The GEO..

    His FaceBook Status

    "Friends I'v joined GEO.... U'll get to see Aftab Iqbal show in 10 days InshAllah."


    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=581970676

    (use this link after log-in the facebook)


    Last edited by adnan78692; 18-May-2010 at 02:35 PM.


  2. #2
    Expert GeoG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Food For Thought.

    Is this not equal to floor crossing.
    He signed an agreement for a cretain term and due to some editing disagreement or may be salary dispute, he decides to ditch the channel and go to rival channel.
    Least he could do is not to do any similar program till the lenght of his contract was to expire.

    Second point, is he going to Geo to soften their anti Zardari image.


  3. #3
    Advanced shah5ap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it so important ? Aur b Gham hen Zamane may Mohabat k sewa.


  4. #4
    Intermediate adnan78692's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan, Pakistan
    Posts
    737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shah5ap View Post
    Is it so important ? Aur b Gham hen Zamane may Mohabat k sewa.
    .......Dunya Nei Teri Yaad Say Beygana Kardiya........
    .......Tujh Say Be Dil Fareeb Hain Gam Roozgaar k.....


  5. #5
    Professional Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aftab Iqbal is no more than a iron necked scoundrel bully


  6. #6
    Advanced forzeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,591
    Post Thanks / Like
    how people have so much time to debate on these stupid issues


  7. #7
    Expert gazoomartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    20,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoG View Post
    Food For Thought.

    Is this not equal to floor crossing.
    He signed an agreement for a cretain term and due to some editing disagreement or may be salary dispute, he decides to ditch the channel and go to rival channel.
    Least he could do is not to do any similar program till the lenght of his contract was to expire.

    Second point, is he going to Geo to soften their anti Zardari image.
    gegog bhai, we dont know the content of the contract. May be there is a escape clause, dont ya think?? May be the former is planning on suing , lots of 'may be's


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aftab Iqbal on the Geo...we hope that its not just a rumour.we are so very much delighted to learn his coming back on the T V screen.Hurry up Plz..we can,t wait too long.We dream to see you and your team Bro Azizeeeeeeeee and Ms Nagia doing a stage show here in Canada.


  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on guys chill! It is very common to get arrogant when you win unexpected popularity, but most people forget that they look great as a team. We have seen examples of Sienfield, when they were part of a team (Jerry, George, Kramer and Eleen), they were popular but when Kramer, George tried alone, they did not make much out of it. Same is Hasb e Haal, all three bring a flavor to the show. Alone, every one will be missing an important link.

    No doubt Aftab, Suhail and Najia are likable characters when they work together, but I am not sure if it will be same when they go solo flight. But some time rich (Mr. Mehmood) do not play professionally and interfere too much too, and forced people to agitate.


  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,150
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to 3 together


  11. #11
    Intermediate HUNJRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    257
    Post Thanks / Like

    breaking news

    Aftab iqbal is coming on geo tv very soon


  12. #12
    Intermediate azrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    673
    Post Thanks / Like
    what the hell this breaking news,althogh he is good anchor, but not assential for living,

    funny news,


  13. #13
    Advanced
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aftab Iqbal was the man behind the show's name Hasb-e-Haal[name of column he used to write in] as well as its character Azizi, he has joined Jang Group and already his column named as "Aftaabian" is on today's Jang newspaper. His show is planned to start within a month on Geo News, don't know about the format but hopefully will be similar to Hasb-e-Haal with a character like Azizi[which can be played by spontaneous comic artists like Shakeel Siddiqui, Amanullah Khan,etc.] or else it will become boring as there are talk shows already with a re-entry of AAJ Tv Bolta PAkistan team now Dunya tv's Dunya mere Aagey Mushtaq Minhas and Nusrat Javed.


  14. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Read Mr. Iqbal column in Jang "Aftaabian". Is it common to use "Haam - we" instead of "me" in Urdu language? In his article this guy started off with an advertisement of his show, english articles in The News and Urdu stuff in Jang. But this time around seem like he switched loyalties to Geo by bashing PPP senators. Well, in Pakistan I think by political affiliation one can progress well, and I think Mr. Iqbal is trying to use it.


  15. #15
    Expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    once i remember e mailing aftab iqbal in musharaf era,i asked him that why you support musharaf and his pet dogs like pervaiz ilahi,no one likes them.
    aftab iqbal actually replied me ,his reply will show you the mentality of our so called journalists.he replied that as army has all the power in pakistan so he has to support musharaf who belongs to army.aftab iqbal got many monetary benefits from tc of musharaf and his pet dogs like choderies
    now aftab iqbal is pet of zerdari ,he got fired from nawaiwaqt because he started writing qaseeda khwaani columns of zerdari who he claims is his personal friends
    so i would say that only sick minded people watch programmes of such enemies of state like aftab qibal and other majority of journalists.but sadly our majority is like that.see pakistanis voted in power the fraud jamshaid dasti again,thus supporting a corrupt person is the chracter of pakistani nation


  16. #16
    Intermediate greywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    361
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drkjke View Post
    once i remember e mailing aftab iqbal in musharaf era,i asked him that why you support musharaf and his pet dogs like pervaiz ilahi,no one likes them.
    aftab iqbal actually replied me ,his reply will show you the mentality of our so called journalists.he replied that as army has all the power in pakistan so he has to support musharaf who belongs to army.aftab iqbal got many monetary benefits from tc of musharaf and his pet dogs like choderies
    now aftab iqbal is pet of zerdari ,he got fired from nawaiwaqt because he started writing qaseeda khwaani columns of zerdari who he claims is his personal friends
    so i would say that only sick minded people watch programmes of such enemies of state like aftab qibal and other majority of journalists.but sadly our majority is like that.see pakistanis voted in power the fraud jamshaid dasti again,thus supporting a corrupt person is the chracter of pakistani nation

    Can you post his actual reply here ....... ?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •