Siasat.pk Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Expert UKPakistani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,825
    Age
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK





    MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK


    Murtaza Ali Shah
    Thursday, May 30, 2013
    From Print Edition


    LONDON: The Muttahida Qaumi Movement has approached the British government, fiercely contesting that its leader Altaf Hussain had threatened the Teen Talwar protesters belonging to Imran Khan’s party in Karachi with violence during a live speech soon after the May 11 elections.

    The News has seen a copy of the letter from the former deputy convener of the MQM Dr Farooq Sattar to the British government, which disputes that Imran Khan’s allegation that “Altaf Hussain was directly responsible for the murder of Ms Zahra Shahid Hussain”.

    Sattar explains in the letter that Altaf Hussain had not threatened anyone and made it clear that he doesn’t want to fight anyone. Sattar has translated Hussain’s Urdu words “may laraee jhegra nahee chahta werna tau may apnay satheeon ko kehoon tau wo teen telwar phohonch ker telwaroon ko asel shakel day dain gey” in English as “I do not want to quarrel or fight with anyone otherwise I would only have to order my associates that they reach Teen Talwar (Three swords monument in Clifton) and make them real”.

    Sattar explains in the letter: “The above quoted words of Mr Hussain very clearly indicate his intentions that he doesn’t want to fight anyone and the phraseology that swords of monument could be converted into real swords would have carried any real meaning and threat only if Mr Hussain had failed to clarify that he doesn’t believe in physical fight.”

    The MQM, according to sources, had distributed a CD in his voice bite to several parliamentarians and all important government departments. Sattar blamed the media in his letter for allegedly misquoting Altaf Hussain’s words but said that later when their attention was drawn to this aspect, all media channels corrected their reporting.


    Sattar goes on: “We have also advised the media and the opposition to desist from the politics of vendetta and politicking as the country can no longer afford continuing bickering and politics of victimisation.”


    He said that in the same speech Altaf Hussain had “reiterated his stance against terrorism” and “made it clear that the MQM is opposed to all forms and manifestations of violence and terrorism”.

    Sattar signed off his letter by stating that the purpose of the clarification was to remove “any misgivings and misconceptions being spread at different levels, particularly through social media”.

    The letter to the government has been forwarded by, among others, Lord Eric Avebury, who told The News that Pakistan didn’t afford fights such as the one between the MQM and Imran Khan. He said that Imran Khan was clearly expecting better results nationally and said that his allegations against the MQM may be “unsupported libel”.

    He added: “Nevertheless we should press for this murder (Zahra Shahid Hussain’s) to be vigorously investigated, to avoid suspicion hanging in the air and further poisoning the relations between the MQM and the PTI.”

    The MQM Rabita Committee member Muhammad Anwar confirmed that his party had approached the government and the parliamentarians with its explanation. “Imran Khan needs to come up with substantive evidence. He should not make baseless allegations and try to mislead the comity of nations.”

    http://www.thenews.com.




    Last edited by UKPakistani; 31-May-2013 at 08:53 AM.


  2. #2
    Intermediate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    As it is said that reasoning a sin is worst than the sin.
    MQM you can cheat others but not the One high above, Who is watching and knows what is in your chests and what is hidden and what is open. InshaAllah a day will come when Altaf will be accounted for every thing he did and said and for the terror he has spread in Karachi and Hyderabad and those who are helping him will InshaAllah be punished with him.


  3. #3
    Advanced wadera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1,455
    Age
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Falling like a deck of cards? .. I think Sattar has nailed a final nail in AH's coffin .. The very next day after this venomous speech ... altaf again threatened people on live TV ..

    Perhaps someone should forward and share and complain about that speech to met police too ...


  4. #4
    Expert UKPakistani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,825
    Age
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by wadera View Post
    Falling like a deck of cards? .. I think Sattar has nailed a final nail in AH's coffin .. The very next day after this venomous speech ... altaf again threatened people on live TV ..

    Perhaps someone should forward and share and complain about that speech to met police too .
    ..
    Ever single word he has uttered since 11th May has been forwarded........ Officially and formally by so many people

    But as usual they are investigating.......

    Scot Yard does not have a single officer who speaks fluent Urdu and can tell them what Altaf said !!!

    They need Farooq Sattar to send an explanation from Karachi !!!


  5. #5
    Intermediate Hazik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad, Sindh
    Posts
    890
    Age
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Agar UK government karwai kerne pe ae to boht evidence hen, magr krne ka mood nhn hy to tahkeekat to chalte rehenge....................






  6. #6
    Expert crankthskunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by UKPakistani View Post
    Ever single word he has uttered since 11th May has been forwarded........ Officially and formally by so many people

    But as usual they are investigating.......

    Scot Yard does not have a single officer who speaks fluent Urdu and can tell them what Altaf said !!!

    They need Farooq Sattar to send an explanation from Karachi !!!
    Exactly. I have written yesterday that it looks very suspicious to me. We know the capabilities of British Intelligence to eavesdrop on any conversation and record it, access any email or any other ways of communication, then how come this buffoon had been doing all these activities for years and years?

    It is not only this speech but many many more, after which a blood bath ensues in Karachi. As you said there are many with language skills with in Her Majesty's service, after New York incident, massive drives were conducted both in the UK and USA for Urdu, Pushtoo and Persian speaking operatives.

    Knowing all that why Altaf has escaped until now? It worries me a lot.
    Don't Mix up my attitude with my personality.
    My personality depends on ME
    and my attitude depends on YOU


  7. #7
    Expert UKPakistani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,825
    Age
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by crankthskunk View Post
    Exactly. I have written yesterday that it looks very suspicious to me. We know the capabilities of British Intelligence to eavesdrop on any conversation and record it, access any email or any other ways of communication, then how come this buffoon had been doing all these activities for years and years?

    It is not only this speech but many many more, after which a blood bath ensues in Karachi. As you said there are many with language skills with in Her Majesty's service, after New York incident, massive drives were conducted both in the UK and USA for Urdu, Pushtoo and Persian speaking operatives.

    Knowing all that why Altaf has escaped until now? It worries me a lot
    .
    Prevention of Terrorism Act allows them to do anything against anyone, in terms of spying eavesdropping, monitoring, watching listening, taking anon information, but when it comes to Altaf and MQM, nothing applies, they see no evil hear no evil and of course speak no evil in other words the Brits are like







    Through choice and yet

    We still hope they MIGHT have the courage and the need to do the right thing

    It worries you, as it does me, but it also saddens me, because I fear, the Brits know perfectly well what AH is and has been responsible for

    THOUSANDS of dead Pakistanis

    and the Brits just sit there smug and say its "freedom of speech" when AH says it

    but its incitement to terrorism if its Abu Qatada or Abu Hamza


    By their OWN definition AH is as much as terrorist and "hate preacher" as anyone else
    Last edited by UKPakistani; 31-May-2013 at 12:58 PM.


  8. #8
    Expert crankthskunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by UKPakistani View Post
    Prevention of Terrorism Act allows them to do anything against anyone, in terms of spying eavesdropping, monitoring, watching listening, taking anon information, but when it comes to Altaf and MQM, nothing applies, they see no evil hear no evil and of course speak no evil in other words the Brits are like







    Through choice and yet

    We still hope they MIGHT have the courage and the need to do the right thing

    It worries you, as it does me, but it also saddens me, because I fear, the Brits know perfectly well what AH is and has been responsible

    THOUSANDS of ded Pakistanis and the Brits just sit there smug and say its "freedom of speech" when AH says it but its incitement to terrorism if its Abu Qatada or Abu Hamza By their OWN definition AH is as much as terrorist and "hate preacher" as anyone else
    For such reasons I had always been a reluctant participant in writing or complaining about Altaf, because from our knowledge we know it would be a piece of cake for the British Government to have any proof needed to put Altaf behind bars for life.
    Knowing people with in MQM in the UK I know for a fact that Altaf passes lots of direct orders which result in blood bath in Karachi. So, why he is not picked up?

    But now we all have to keep knocking, one day it may work.
    Don't Mix up my attitude with my personality.
    My personality depends on ME
    and my attitude depends on YOU


  9. #9
    Advanced
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    karachi
    Posts
    1,567
    Age
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    MQM's explanation is correct and logical. "If" in Altaf Bhai's sentence explains everything. Strange that people making hue and cry for words never say or do anything for heinous crimes committed against MQM. No one can and should deny the right of self defence to MQM. British legal system does not work under obligations, and its decisions should end this debate. But, we know that prejudice and hatred have no limits and people who are prisoners of their own hatred should think where they are heading.


  10. #10
    Professional staray khaatir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    2,586
    Age
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by crankthskunk View Post
    For such reasons I had always been a reluctant participant in writing or complaining about Altaf, because from our knowledge we know it would be a piece of cake for the British Government to have any proof needed to put Altaf behind bars for life.
    Knowing people with in MQM in the UK I know for a fact that Altaf passes lots of direct orders which result in blood bath in Karachi. So, why he is not picked up?

    But now we all have to keep knocking, one day it may work.
    As we all know that is a thing called "NATIONAL INTEREST" and any Govt and its agencies safe guard that.Just imagine someone who has ABSOLUTE CONTROL of DUBAI PORT or HONG KONG and any Govt is bound to KEEP HIM ON THEIR SIDE.Having said that we know that POLICE and JUDICIARY is free,therefore the only way forward is to KEEP KNOCKING THAT DOOR.


  11. #11
    Advanced wadera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1,455
    Age
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by crankthskunk View Post
    Exactly. I have written yesterday that it looks very suspicious to me. We know the capabilities of British Intelligence to eavesdrop on any conversation and record it, access any email or any other ways of communication, then how come this buffoon had been doing all these activities for years and years?

    It is not only this speech but many many more, after which a blood bath ensues in Karachi. As you said there are many with language skills with in Her Majesty's service, after New York incident, massive drives were conducted both in the UK and USA for Urdu, Pushtoo and Persian speaking operatives.

    Knowing all that why Altaf has escaped until now? It worries me a lot.

    Bro don't worry ... insha'Allah this tafu will be behind bars and will get the worst possible end ... Allah is Great

    There are quite a few surprises upcoming in this year ..IMO ... there is a high possibility that Altaf's goons in Karachi will be dealt with an iron hand .. just pray that Nawaz puts someone like Mumtaz Bhutto or Jalal Mahmood Shah as governor ..


  12. #12
    Advanced wadera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1,455
    Age
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by staray khaatir View Post
    As we all know that is a thing called "NATIONAL INTEREST" and any Govt and its agencies safe guard that.Just imagine someone who has ABSOLUTE CONTROL of DUBAI PORT or HONG KONG and any Govt is bound to KEEP HIM ON THEIR SIDE.Having said that we know that POLICE and JUDICIARY is free,therefore the only way forward is to KEEP KNOCKING THAT DOOR.
    Good point brother .. but all the people in power think that they are Mighty and strong and everything happens upon their wishes .. little do they realize that far worst pharaohs have tasted worst defeats ... its only a matter of time, insha'Allah


  13. #13
    Professional staray khaatir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    2,586
    Age
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by wadera View Post
    Good point brother .. but all the people in power think that they are Mighty and strong and everything happens upon their wishes .. little do they realize that far worst pharaohs have tasted worst defeats ... its only a matter of time, insha'Allah
    You know what the real problem is here in Pakistan,just imagine if any Pakistani govt really push UK govt to put this dog on leash,what options uk govt have got?
    its Pakistani establishment which keeps the mafia in control of the city,because they are much easy to manage than genuine Sindhi nationalist politicians.


  14. #14
    Expert gazoomartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    20,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by crankthskunk View Post
    Exactly. I have written yesterday that it looks very suspicious to me. We know the capabilities of British Intelligence to eavesdrop on any conversation and record it, access any email or any other ways of communication, then how come this buffoon had been doing all these activities for years and years?

    It is not only this speech but many many more, after which a blood bath ensues in Karachi. As you said there are many with language skills with in Her Majesty's service, after New York incident, massive drives were conducted both in the UK and USA for Urdu, Pushtoo and Persian speaking operatives.

    Knowing all that why Altaf has escaped until now? It worries me a lot.
    I was approached by someone thru email to recruit me for salary whopping US$210,000/year.

    I wrote back to them 'Even if I was fluent in Pushto, Persian, I would not want this job. I hope that's the last day in my life if I deliberately take any job that commits subversive activities in my God gifted mother land---Good day'

    Never heard from them again


  15. #15
    Expert crankthskunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by gazoomartian View Post
    I was approached by someone thru email to recruit me for salary whopping US$210,000/year.

    I wrote back to them 'Even if I was fluent in Pushto, Persian, I would not want this job. I hope that's the last day in my life if I deliberately take any job that commits subversive activities in my God gifted mother land---Good day'

    Never heard from them again
    Yeah same in the UK they have appointed many many people with these language's skills.
    Don't Mix up my attitude with my personality.
    My personality depends on ME
    and my attitude depends on YOU


  16. #16
    Expert gazoomartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    20,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by crankthskunk View Post
    Yeah same in the UK they have appointed many many people with these language's skills.
    I guess there ARE zameer farosh Muslims too. Fawad from the State Dept is one of them

    btw, havent seen HIM for a long time. You figure his project is finished and they let him go now that US high tailing outta here?

    note: His office always scans the Siasat. Today he will find his name mentioned in this post and by tomorrow I should expect a response from him


  17. #17
    Intermediate mim2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Riyadh
    Posts
    502
    Age
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by wadera View Post
    Bro don't worry ... insha'Allah this tafu will be behind bars and will get the worst possible end ... Allah is Great

    There are quite a few surprises upcoming in this year ..IMO ... there is a high possibility that Altaf's goons in Karachi will be dealt with an iron hand .. just pray that Nawaz puts someone like Mumtaz Bhutto or Jalal Mahmood Shah as governor ..
    Just for record I want to uttar again to show my dislike for A.H ( because of my own observation as living in both cities Karachi and Hyderabad) I would like to live under the regime of Hiter, Shareon, any other but not in A.H 's regime. He is more evil. People of Karachi think that we are biased but infact they are biased. I welcome any urdu speeking as my ruler but not A.H at any cost. I may like to die (naturally, not by the hands of his group). Allah iss group ki shataniyon se Hindu aur Jews ko bhi bachay aur un sab logo ko bhi jo uss se bachna chahtay hain.
    Allah kash koi aisa intzaam karday keh jo Altaf ko aur uss ko sathiyun ko pasand karttay, Allah un per un ke pasandeeda aur choneeda log hi musallat rakhay. Un ke bachon ko un ke leader A.H ki seerat aur baseerat ata farmay. Bas jo uss se panah chahtay hain un sab ko Apni panaha mein lay lay.
    Last edited by mim2007; 02-Jun-2013 at 07:26 AM.


  18. #18
    Expert crankthskunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

    Quote Originally Posted by gazoomartian View Post
    I guess there ARE zameer farosh Muslims too. Fawad from the State Dept is one of them

    btw, havent seen HIM for a long time. You figure his project is finished and they let him go now that US high tailing outta here?

    note: His office always scans the Siasat. Today he will find his name mentioned in this post and by tomorrow I should expect a response from him
    Yeah, just imagine what is the fate of those like me whose actual names are known. I haven't tried to go to USA for a long while, because I don't want to humiliate myself.
    Don't Mix up my attitude with my personality.
    My personality depends on ME
    and my attitude depends on YOU


  19. #19
    Intermediate Unlettered's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    333
    Age
    Old
    Post Thanks / Like

    The actual meaning of Teen Talwar

    Here's what he exactly meant by "Teen Talwar"


  20. #20
    Expert gazoomartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    20,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The actual meaning of Teen Talwar

    Quote Originally Posted by Unlettered View Post
    Here's what he exactly meant by "Teen Talwar"

    yaar tum to barey shareer nikley


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 14-May-2013, 07:35 AM
  2. Combined Dharna of JI+ PTI at Teen Talwar Karachi
    By amir_ali in forum Siasi Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 13-May-2013, 04:40 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 13-May-2013, 06:00 AM
  4. Application in UK Against Ban of Altaf Hussain's Speech
    By SaadKnight in forum Siasi Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-Sep-2011, 01:50 PM
  5. Altaf Hussain Speech in his motherland
    By sagaciouscorpion in forum Siasi Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-Jul-2009, 02:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •