Siasat.pk Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

Murtaza Ali Shah
    Thursday, May 30, 2013
    From Print Edition

LONDON: The Muttahida Qaumi Movement has approached the British government, fiercely contesting that its leader Altaf Hussain had threatened the Teen Talwar protesters belonging to Imran Khan’s party in Karachi with violence during a live speech soon after the May 11 elections.

The News has seen a copy of the letter from the former deputy convener of the MQM Dr Farooq Sattar to the British government, which disputes that Imran Khan’s allegation that “Altaf Hussain was directly responsible for the murder of Ms Zahra Shahid Hussain”.

Sattar explains in the letter that Altaf Hussain had not threatened anyone and made it clear that he doesn’t want to fight anyone. Sattar has translated Hussain’s Urdu words “may laraee jhegra nahee chahta werna tau may apnay satheeon ko kehoon tau wo teen telwar phohonch ker telwaroon ko asel shakel day dain gey” in English as “I do not want to quarrel or fight with anyone otherwise I would only have to order my associates that they reach Teen Talwar (Three swords monument in Clifton) and make them real”.

Sattar explains in the letter: “The above quoted words of Mr Hussain very clearly indicate his intentions that he doesn’t want to fight anyone and the phraseology that swords of monument could be converted into real swords would have carried any real meaning and threat only if Mr Hussain had failed to clarify that he doesn’t believe in physical fight.”

The MQM, according to sources, had distributed a CD in his voice bite to several parliamentarians and all important government departments. Sattar blamed the media in his letter for allegedly misquoting Altaf Hussain’s words but said that later when their attention was drawn to this aspect, all media channels corrected their reporting.

Sattar goes on: “We have also advised the media and the opposition to desist from the politics of vendetta and politicking as the country can no longer afford continuing bickering and politics of victimisation.”

He said that in the same speech Altaf Hussain had “reiterated his stance against terrorism” and “made it clear that the MQM is opposed to all forms and manifestations of violence and terrorism”.

Sattar signed off his letter by stating that the purpose of the clarification was to remove “any misgivings and misconceptions being spread at different levels, particularly through social media”.

The letter to the government has been forwarded by, among others, Lord Eric Avebury, who told The News that Pakistan didn’t afford fights such as the one between the MQM and Imran Khan. He said that Imran Khan was clearly expecting better results nationally and said that his allegations against the MQM may be “unsupported libel”.

He added: “Nevertheless we should press for this murder (Zahra Shahid Hussain’s) to be vigorously investigated, to avoid suspicion hanging in the air and further poisoning the relations between the MQM and the PTI.”

The MQM Rabita Committee member Muhammad Anwar confirmed that his party had approached the government and the parliamentarians with its explanation. “Imran Khan needs to come up with substantive evidence. He should not make baseless allegations and try to mislead the comity of nations.”

http://www.thenews.com.

Last edited by UKPakistani; 31-May-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Intermediate
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MQM explains Altaf’s ‘Teen Talwar’ speech to UK

As it is said that reasoning a sin is worst than the sin.
    MQM you can cheat others but not the One high above, Who is watching and knows what is in your chests and what is hidden and what is open. InshaAllah a day will come when Altaf will be accounted for every thing he did and said and for the terror he has spread in Karachi and Hyderabad and those who are helping him will InshaAllah be punished with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Falling like a deck of cards? .. I think Sattar has nailed a final nail in AH's coffin .. The very next day after this venomous speech ... altaf again threatened people on live TV ..

Perhaps someone should forward and share and complain about that speech to met police too ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wadera View Post
    Falling like a deck of cards? .. I think Sattar has nailed a final nail in AH's coffin .. The very next day after this venomous speech ... altaf again threatened people on live TV ..

Perhaps someone should forward and share and complain about that speech to met police too .
    Ever single word he has uttered since 11th May has been forwarded........ Officially and formally by so many people

But as usual they are investigating.......

Scot Yard does not have a single officer who speaks fluent Urdu and can tell them what Altaf said !!!

They need Farooq Sattar to send an explanation from Karachi !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Agar UK government karwai kerne pe ae to boht evidence hen, magr krne ka mood nhn hy to tahkeekat to chalte rehenge....................

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UKPakistani View Post
    Ever single word he has uttered since 11th May has been forwarded........ Officially and formally by so many people

But as usual they are investigating.......

Scot Yard does not have a single officer who speaks fluent Urdu and can tell them what Altaf said !!!

They need Farooq Sattar to send an explanation from Karachi !!!
    Exactly. I have written yesterday that it looks very suspicious to me. We know the capabilities of British Intelligence to eavesdrop on any conversation and record it, access any email or any other ways of communication, then how come this buffoon had been doing all these activities for years and years?

It is not only this speech but many many more, after which a blood bath ensues in Karachi. As you said there are many with language skills with in Her Majesty's service, after New York incident, massive drives were conducted both in the UK and USA for Urdu, Pushtoo and Persian speaking operatives.

Knowing all that why Altaf has escaped until now? It worries me a lot.
    Don't Mix up my attitude with my personality.
    My personality depends on ME
    and my attitude depends on YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crankthskunk View Post
    Exactly. I have written yesterday that it looks very suspicious to me. We know the capabilities of British Intelligence to eavesdrop on any conversation and record it, access any email or any other ways of communication, then how come this buffoon had been doing all these activities for years and years?

It is not only this speech but many many more, after which a blood bath ensues in Karachi. As you said there are many with language skills with in Her Majesty's service, after New York incident, massive drives were conducted both in the UK and USA for Urdu, Pushtoo and Persian speaking operatives.

Knowing all that why Altaf has escaped until now? It worries me a lot
    Prevention of Terrorism Act allows them to do anything against anyone, in terms of spying eavesdropping, monitoring, watching listening, taking anon information, but when it comes to Altaf and MQM, nothing applies, they see no evil hear no evil and of course speak no evil in other words the Brits are like

Through choice and yet

We still hope they MIGHT have the courage and the need to do the right thing

It worries you, as it does me, but it also saddens me, because I fear, the Brits know perfectly well what AH is and has been responsible for

THOUSANDS of dead Pakistanis

and the Brits just sit there smug and say its "freedom of speech" when AH says it

but its incitement to terrorism if its Abu Qatada or Abu Hamza

By their OWN definition AH is as much as terrorist and "hate preacher" as anyone else
    Last edited by UKPakistani; 31-May-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UKPakistani View Post
    Prevention of Terrorism Act allows them to do anything against anyone, in terms of spying eavesdropping, monitoring, watching listening, taking anon information, but when it comes to Altaf and MQM, nothing applies, they see no evil hear no evil and of course speak no evil in other words the Brits are like

Through choice and yet

We still hope they MIGHT have the courage and the need to do the right thing

It worries you, as it does me, but it also saddens me, because I fear, the Brits know perfectly well what AH is and has been responsible

THOUSANDS of ded Pakistanis and the Brits just sit there smug and say its "freedom of speech" when AH says it but its incitement to terrorism if its Abu Qatada or Abu Hamza By their OWN definition AH is as much as terrorist and "hate preacher" as anyone else
    For such reasons I had always been a reluctant participant in writing or complaining about Altaf, because from our knowledge we know it would be a piece of cake for the British Government to have any proof needed to put Altaf behind bars for life.
    Knowing people with in MQM in the UK I know for a fact that Altaf passes lots of direct orders which result in blood bath in Karachi. So, why he is not picked up?

But now we all have to keep knocking, one day it may work.

Advanced
    Post Thanks / Like

MQM's explanation is correct and logical. "If" in Altaf Bhai's sentence explains everything. Strange that people making hue and cry for words never say or do anything for heinous crimes committed against MQM. No one can and should deny the right of self defence to MQM. British legal system does not work under obligations, and its decisions should end this debate. But, we know that prejudice and hatred have no limits and people who are prisoners of their own hatred should think where they are heading.

Post Thanks / Like

For such reasons I had always been a reluctant participant in writing or complaining about Altaf, because from our knowledge we know it would be a piece of cake for the British Government to have any proof needed to put Altaf behind bars for life.
    Knowing people with in MQM in the UK I know for a fact that Altaf passes lots of direct orders which result in blood bath in Karachi. So, why he is not picked up?

But now we all have to keep knocking, one day it may work.
    As we all know that is a thing called "NATIONAL INTEREST" and any Govt and its agencies safe guard that.Just imagine someone who has ABSOLUTE CONTROL of DUBAI PORT or HONG KONG and any Govt is bound to KEEP HIM ON THEIR SIDE.Having said that we know that POLICE and JUDICIARY is free,therefore the only way forward is to KEEP KNOCKING THAT DOOR.

Post Thanks / Like

Bro don't worry ... insha'Allah this tafu will be behind bars and will get the worst possible end ... Allah is Great

There are quite a few surprises upcoming in this year ..IMO ... there is a high possibility that Altaf's goons in Karachi will be dealt with an iron hand .. just pray that Nawaz puts someone like Mumtaz Bhutto or Jalal Mahmood Shah as governor ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by staray khaatir View Post
    As we all know that is a thing called "NATIONAL INTEREST" and any Govt and its agencies safe guard that.Just imagine someone who has ABSOLUTE CONTROL of DUBAI PORT or HONG KONG and any Govt is bound to KEEP HIM ON THEIR SIDE.Having said that we know that POLICE and JUDICIARY is free,therefore the only way forward is to KEEP KNOCKING THAT DOOR.
    Good point brother .. but all the people in power think that they are Mighty and strong and everything happens upon their wishes .. little do they realize that far worst pharaohs have tasted worst defeats ... its only a matter of time, insha'Allah

Post Thanks / Like

Good point brother .. but all the people in power think that they are Mighty and strong and everything happens upon their wishes .. little do they realize that far worst pharaohs have tasted worst defeats ... its only a matter of time, insha'Allah
    You know what the real problem is here in Pakistan,just imagine if any Pakistani govt really push UK govt to put this dog on leash,what options uk govt have got?
    its Pakistani establishment which keeps the mafia in control of the city,because they are much easy to manage than genuine Sindhi nationalist politicians.

Post Thanks / Like

I was approached by someone thru email to recruit me for salary whopping US$210,000/year.

I wrote back to them 'Even if I was fluent in Pushto, Persian, I would not want this job. I hope that's the last day in my life if I deliberately take any job that commits subversive activities in my God gifted mother land---Good day'

Never heard from them again

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gazoomartian View Post
    I was approached by someone thru email to recruit me for salary whopping US$210,000/year.

I wrote back to them 'Even if I was fluent in Pushto, Persian, I would not want this job. I hope that's the last day in my life if I deliberately take any job that commits subversive activities in my God gifted mother land---Good day'

Never heard from them again
    Yeah same in the UK they have appointed many many people with these language's skills.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah same in the UK they have appointed many many people with these language's skills.
    I guess there ARE zameer farosh Muslims too. Fawad from the State Dept is one of them

btw, havent seen HIM for a long time. You figure his project is finished and they let him go now that US high tailing outta here?

note: His office always scans the Siasat. Today he will find his name mentioned in this post and by tomorrow I should expect a response from him

Post Thanks / Like

Bro don't worry ... insha'Allah this tafu will be behind bars and will get the worst possible end ... Allah is Great

There are quite a few surprises upcoming in this year ..IMO ... there is a high possibility that Altaf's goons in Karachi will be dealt with an iron hand .. just pray that Nawaz puts someone like Mumtaz Bhutto or Jalal Mahmood Shah as governor ..
    Just for record I want to uttar again to show my dislike for A.H ( because of my own observation as living in both cities Karachi and Hyderabad) I would like to live under the regime of Hiter, Shareon, any other but not in A.H 's regime. He is more evil. People of Karachi think that we are biased but infact they are biased. I welcome any urdu speeking as my ruler but not A.H at any cost. I may like to die (naturally, not by the hands of his group). Allah iss group ki shataniyon se Hindu aur Jews ko bhi bachay aur un sab logo ko bhi jo uss se bachna chahtay hain.
    Allah kash koi aisa intzaam karday keh jo Altaf ko aur uss ko sathiyun ko pasand karttay, Allah un per un ke pasandeeda aur choneeda log hi musallat rakhay. Un ke bachon ko un ke leader A.H ki seerat aur baseerat ata farmay. Bas jo uss se panah chahtay hain un sab ko Apni panaha mein lay lay.
    Last edited by mim2007; 02-Jun-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gazoomartian View Post
    I guess there ARE zameer farosh Muslims too. Fawad from the State Dept is one of them

btw, havent seen HIM for a long time. You figure his project is finished and they let him go now that US high tailing outta here?

note: His office always scans the Siasat. Today he will find his name mentioned in this post and by tomorrow I should expect a response from him
    Yeah, just imagine what is the fate of those like me whose actual names are known. I haven't tried to go to USA for a long while, because I don't want to humiliate myself.

Post Thanks / Like

The actual meaning of Teen Talwar

Here's what he exactly meant by "Teen Talwar"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The actual meaning of Teen Talwar

Quote Originally Posted by Unlettered View Post
    Here's what he exactly meant by "Teen Talwar"

yaar tum to barey shareer nikley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast