Siasat.pk Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Expert Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,925
    Post Thanks / Like

    "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi




    National Assembly Deputy Speaker Faisal Karim Kundi has claimed that the country’s legislators are paid less than their counterparts in India, Bangladesh and other South Asian states.


    Pushing for more perks and privileges for MNAs, he said that their basic salary and expenses were insufficient and were barely enough to maximise their capacity as lawmakers of the country.

    “They should be given independent offices with necessary administrative staff to discharge their responsibilities as lawmakers if you want to build their capacity,” he said.


    About the competence of lawmakers from Fata, the deputy speaker said that all of them participated in the legislation process in the assembly.


    “For building the capacity of MNAs, an increase in monthly salary and allowances will be helpful,” Kundi stressed.


    Kundi admitted that packs of budget-related documents presented to MNAs by the finance ministry every year during the budget session are not properly utilised by legislators.


    He also said that annual reports by the Auditor General of Pakistan were submitted to the National Assembly every year but there was never any debate on them. “I don’t know” was his reply when asked why audit reports were not debated in the National Assembly. “I think that audit reports should be discussed in the National Assembly to ensure accountability of all those who are ruling the country in one way or another,” he remarked.


    The constitution requires the auditor general to lay his reports before parliament which, he said, is being implemented. He added however, that for the first time a report prepared by the National Assembly’s Public Accounts Committee was debated in the House.


    Published in The Express Tribune, May 21st, 2012.




  2. Likes PkRevolution liked this post

  3. #2
    Advanced
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Increase MNAs salaries, perks: Kundi

    is kay lia itna hi kafi hay kay iski salary na barhay.. ya isi may khatam hoo jay ga.... har.amkh.or


  4. #3
    Intermediate Malycyos Oxo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    393
    Age
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Increase MNAs salaries, perks: Kundi

    Han Han Sir Ji kyun nhe, U people do great jobs.in ghoondoon ko latkanaa chahiye kamiiiinay loog.


  5. #4
    Professional cefspan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    planeT:eartH
    Posts
    3,860
    Age
    :?
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Increase MNAs salaries, perks: Kundi

    Quote Originally Posted by jahanzaibi View Post
    is kay lia itna hi kafi hay kay iski salary na barhay.. ya isi may khatam hoo jay ga.... har.amkh.or
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post



    National Assembly Deputy Speaker Faisal Karim Kundi has claimed that the country’s legislators are paid less than their counterparts in India, Bangladesh and other South Asian states.


    Pushing for more perks and privileges for MNAs, he said that their basic salary and expenses were insufficient and were barely enough to maximise their capacity as lawmakers of the country.

    “They should be given independent offices with necessary administrative staff to discharge their responsibilities as lawmakers if you want to build their capacity,” he said.


    About the competence of lawmakers from Fata, the deputy speaker said that all of them participated in the legislation process in the assembly.


    “For building the capacity of MNAs, an increase in monthly salary and allowances will be helpful,” Kundi stressed.


    Kundi admitted that packs of budget-related documents presented to MNAs by the finance ministry every year during the budget session are not properly utilised by legislators.


    He also said that annual reports by the Auditor General of Pakistan were submitted to the National Assembly every year but there was never any debate on them. “I don’t know” was his reply when asked why audit reports were not debated in the National Assembly. “I think that audit reports should be discussed in the National Assembly to ensure accountability of all those who are ruling the country in one way or another,” he remarked.


    The constitution requires the auditor general to lay his reports before parliament which, he said, is being implemented. He added however, that for the first time a report prepared by the National Assembly’s Public Accounts Committee was debated in the House.


    Published in The Express Tribune, May 21st, 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malycyos Oxo View Post
    Han Han Sir Ji kyun nhe, U people do great jobs.in ghoondoon ko latkanaa chahiye kamiiiinay loog.
    Reader descretioN adviseD:
    I Think beinG Legislator is a moral responsibility of all pakistanI citizens. So ideally they should not be paid. They Should Work Free Of Charge For The Betterment Of Pakistan, After All
    جمہوریت اور ترقی کا کیڑا جو ہوتا ہے انھیں

  6. Likes zfurqanali liked this post

  7. #5
    Advanced SaadKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    کیوں بتاؤں؟
    Posts
    1,855
    Age
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Increase MNAs salaries, perks: Kundi

    Someone please put a kundi on his mouth.






  8. #6
    Advanced
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,076
    Age
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    I too want to be a member of assembly now.

  9. Thanks cefspan thanked for this post

  10. #7
    Advanced Internet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,015
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    Quote Originally Posted by Temojin View Post
    I too want to be a member of assembly now.
    By all means, try asking Nawaz for a ticket


  11. #8
    Expert
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,181
    Age
    N/A
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    as they live their life on only their pay,,,, haraaam khooorr


  12. #9
    Expert zeshaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    6,375
    Age
    30+
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    Fasal kareem Kundi saab KABEE KHIDMAT E KHALAQ BHEE KAR LIAA KARAIN kia aapko bhee apnay leader kee tarah note jamaa karnay kaa shooq hay.
    Kia tumm logoon kay paas maal kee kamee hay?logoon kaa khoon choos choos kar khazanay bhar kay rakhay huaay hain ,ALLAH TUMHAREE HAWAS APNAY HISAB SAY PURI KARAY,Zamindaar wadairay jageerdar aoor sisatdaan banay phirtay hoo,kabhee aam awam kee tarah mulk kee bhalaiee liay soochaa bhee hay tum nay,yaa apni jaibain hee bharanay main lagay huaay hoooooooooooooooooooo.Tumm sabb choroon koo too bagair tankhwah kay kaam karnaa chahiay thaa iss mulk kay liay,ultaa tumm loog iss mulk koo maqrooz kar rahay hoo,lakh dee ****** hoo tum sabb per.


  13. #10
    Advanced
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,076
    Age
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    By all means, try asking Nawaz for a ticket
    Can get a PPP or PTI ticket way easily.


  14. #11
    Advanced Internet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,015
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    Quote Originally Posted by Temojin View Post
    Can get a PPP or PTI ticket way easily.
    Yes it is hard to get a Nawaz League ticket if you are not a family member

  15. Likes Unitedvstand liked this post

  16. #12
    Intermediate Unitedvstand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    425
    Age
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    ظالم لوگو خدا تم حرام خوروں کو ہدایت دے نہیں تو اسی دنیا میں ذلیل ور رسوا کرے

  17. Thanks PkRevolution thanked for this post

  18. #13
    Expert aamirksa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riyadh
    Posts
    6,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    French ministers cut pay by 30%

    Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 07:57 PM

    French president Francois Hollande’s new Socialist-led government adopted a 30% pay cut today, a gesture of shared sacrifice by leaders who must now reduce the country’s massive debts and tackle spiralling unemployment.


    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...30-551922.html


  19. #14
    Expert PkRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    10,046
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    No attendance in Assembly
    No work in 4 Years, Not a single project worked
    No worry for the people's problems (Gas, Electricity, Water.....)

    But they want more Salary.

    It is his luck that i was not there when he asked for this.


  20. #15
    Intermediate ARSHAD2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    344
    Age
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    some one put haddi in his mouth, that is enouhg for him


  21. #16
    Expert Humi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14,532
    Age
    --
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    The public should take off their shoes and give these corrupt looters a nice chitrol!


  22. #17
    Intermediate kaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    426
    Age
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    Quote Originally Posted by unitedvstand View Post
    ظالم لوگو خدا تم حرام خوروں کو ہدایت دے نہیں تو اسی دنیا میں ذلیل ور رسوا کرے
    ameen suma ameen

  23. Thanks Unitedvstand thanked for this post

  24. #18
    Professional TruPakistani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    کراچی
    Posts
    4,754
    Age
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    کوئی اس کی کنڈی کھولے


  25. #19
    Advanced
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    islamabad
    Posts
    1,307
    Age
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    very valid demand. their salaries stand at 28k per month.their salaries should be increased but extra privileges must decrease


  26. #20
    Regular Member Ali-1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Govt. should Increase MNAs salaries & perks" - Kundi

    Quote Originally Posted by PkRevolution View Post
    No attendance in Assembly
    No work in 4 Years, Not a single project worked
    No worry for the people's problems (Gas, Electricity, Water.....)

    But they want more Salary.

    It is his luck that i was not there when he asked for this.
    Oh.....come on

    Amendment in the day
    Amendment in the night
    Amendment on the next day.


    what else we can expect from Demo-cracy
    Last edited by Ali-1234; 22-May-2012 at 10:35 AM.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-Jan-2012, 09:18 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-May-2011, 09:43 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-Apr-2011, 08:00 PM
  4. Govt decides on up to 13% increase in oil prices
    By Bilal_Mushi in forum Siasi Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-Apr-2011, 09:24 PM
  5. Govt cannot register cases against MNAs: Sanaullah
    By Ammad Hafeez in forum Siasi Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-Jun-2010, 09:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •