Siasat.pk Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

IPL shuns, ignores and insult Pakistan & its players and yet we see Geo super promoting them 24/7

Do any of you remember what India/IPL did to our players? They invited our top notch players at the auction and picked none of them to insult and send a message to Pakistan. Pakistan was world champion back then and we had world's best T20 players. Since then they never picked any of our players but If you watch GEO Super, majority of the time you will see half naked IPL cheer leaders running around and dancing. I would say around 70% of the times GEO Super is either showing IPL or their adverts.

I have never watched IPL since and I'm sure majority of Pakistanis don't either, so why is Geo super forcing this on us??

I am just trying to understand the logic behind this. What's your take on this?

Expert
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: IPL shuns, ignores and insult Pakistan & its players and yet we see Geo super promoting them 24/7

Simple take......you don't watch does not mean majority don't watch......may be you want to be under illusion that others don't watch....
    You think geo is stupid to show IPL if they are not getting the desired ad revenue?........

3. Likes funkymonk liked this post
    Dislikes inzimam disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IPL shuns, ignores and insult Pakistan & its players and yet we see Geo super promoting them 24/7

GEO is all about money money money, shamelessly they plug IPL in the news as well.

5. Likes SaadKnight, barhaich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is against morality of Pakistan Cricket Team. Really Geo Super is biased channel, atleast they should boycott for not giving coverage, no doubt IPL has big coverage from thei own country but atleast Geo Should think of that. What I think, Geo Super taking revenge from PTV sports who played his role in Asia Cup 2012.

Intermediate
    Post Thanks / Like

When Musharaf put a ban on Geo super, They were crying day and night that their channel was promoting sports in Pakistan and it was unfair. And after the ban was lifted, they were showing anything but Pakistan cricket matches which viewers were forced to watch on PTV home or international media. IPL matches they show as if the Geo belongs to some Indian tycoon.

8. Likes SaadKnight, sherkhan314 liked this post

Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adeel View Post
    Do any of you remember what India/IPL did to our players? They invited our top notch players at the auction and picked none of them to insult and send a message to Pakistan. Pakistan was world champion back then and we had world's best T20 players. Since then they never picked any of our players but If you watch GEO Super, majority of the time you will see half naked IPL cheer leaders running around and dancing. I would say around 70% of the times GEO Super is either showing IPL or their adverts.

I have never watched IPL since and I'm sure majority of Pakistanis don't either, so why is Geo super forcing this on us??

If there was an honorable logic you would understand it, but there is a very clear reason behind it and that is called "Buck almighty"

10. Likes SaadKnight liked this post

Intermediate
    Post Thanks / Like

really well put admin

We were disgraced by them.

we do not have no freakin interest in stupid ipl and its forced down our throat.

slowly but surely Geo is being exposed

Post Thanks / Like

The public is shameless and keep watching it...so why wouldn't Geo take advantage of it....sirf quom hi besharam kyun rahey, Geo ko bhi toh kuch haq hai..

13. Likes desicad, funkymonk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

GEO is an Indian puppet, you see ... it was geo who first started Indian shows .... after that every channel started and promoted it ..... in fact geo is the leader in the gang to defame Pakistan & it's ideology .....

15. Likes SaadKnight, sherkhan314 liked this post

Expert
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huma.asl View Post
    The public is shameless and keep watching it...so why wouldn't Geo take advantage of it....sirf quom hi besharam kyun rahey, Geo ko bhi toh kuch haq hai..
    sahi hai.......waisey logo ko problem kisse hai.....matches se ya half naked cheer leaders se?.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desicad View Post
    sahi hai.......waisey logo ko problem kisse hai.....matches se ya half naked cheer leaders se?.........
    dunno...I am not into cricket..I have probably watched like 5 matches in my whole life...ask someone who has watched IPL...

anyway, I think people really dislike Geo because out of all the Pakistani channels, it gives the most attention to Indian culture, news etc and mostly gives quiet a positive portrayal of it...and it criticizes pakistan the most as well..so you can see why people think its an anti-pakistan channel...its the same with this website...you see a lot of bashing happening of Nawaz sharif and Zardari plus a lot praising of Imran Khan here which gives the impression that it supports PTI..

Advanced
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Indian channel promote Pakistani local match??????????????

19. Likes Adeel, barca liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Our Pak players are cheap commodity as well --- with no respect whatsoever.

beshurmoun ki tarah muun uttha ker boli lugwanay chalye gaye thay ---- woh tu IPL walun ney in ka mun kaala kiya aue boli nahi lagayi

and why to highlight about IPL? what about award shows, catwalks aired by GEO TV? yaa sub katrina ka dance dekna chahtey hai

---
    brilTek

21. Likes sherkhan314 liked this post

Expert
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huma.asl View Post
    dunno...I am not into cricket..I have probably watched like 5 matches in my whole life...ask someone who has watched IPL...

anyway, I think people really dislike Geo because out of all the Pakistani channels, it gives the most attention to Indian culture, news etc and mostly gives quiet a positive portrayal of it...and it criticizes pakistan the most as well..so you can see why people think its an anti-pakistan channel...its the same with this website...you see a lot of bashing happening of Nawaz sharif and Zardari plus a lot praising of Imran Khan here which gives the impression that it supports PTI..
    not into cricket.......you missing out something in life big time.............just kidding.....
    when you say people don't like geo for such and such.......its pure hypocrisy.....
    you must have heard of Demand and Supply....its the most basic principle of economics.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desicad View Post
    not into cricket.......you missing out something in life big time.............just kidding.....
    when you say people don't like geo for such and such.......its pure hypocrisy.....
    you must have heard of Demand and Supply....its the most basic principle of economics.........
    hmm..there are people who really dislike it and don't watch it...I suppose there are some people who recognize that Geo probably isn't the most patriotic channel but still watch it as they don't have any big issue with it..

Intermediate
    Post Thanks / Like

Adeel saheb:

That Geo Super is being idiots and shameful is one thing, but what would we like to say our ********** players who keep harping on about India and wanting to play there despite the treatment meted out to them by the Indian media and government (note: I am purposely not including Indian public because there are Indians who disagree with what their own people do).

The fact of the matter is that Pakistanis are over-awed by Indians. I can't, for the life of me, understand what is it about India that makes some of our people so gung-ho about them?? Really, all this glitzy, glamory self projection is only a mirage at best. As some have said here its all about money and wanting to become famous and rub shoulders with the 'nangi cheerleaders' and some bollywood actresses.

IPL is a despicable enterprise and I suspect BPL will be similar. Sports is just becoming a money-making enterprise that has all the vices of modern-day corporate life. I used to love cricket (and still do to some extent), but cricket is just becoming hogwash! And it pisses me no end when I see people saying "Test cricket is boring". They say this because test cricket is played in the "boring" white attire; without the megabucks; without the fanfare; without the 'nangi cheerleaders'; and without bollywood retards flipping out. It is PURE cricket and that's why anyone who opposes test cricket is just as despicable as IPL as far as my judgement is concerned.

And that's my rant for today

Quote Originally Posted by Adeel View Post

25. Likes Huma liked this post

Intermediate
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, b@ygha1rat is a curse word that is filtered here???

Life is becoming sadder every day...

Post Thanks / Like

Jewish Network AIM only too promote INDIAN culture & Media activities in PAKISTAN,

its not only IPL, they show there movies, Awards, Songs etc everything which is harming our society so badly... PLUS+

Hate SAFMA HELL with SAFMA...

28. Likes sherkhan314 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

well, one thing is true, our ppl do watch indian contents either way...
    but yes, media should have some moral responsibility and a code of conduct...

Post Thanks / Like

IPL or any Indian league even bpl(bangladash league) shouldn't be given importance in Pakistan , they are useless garbage to corrupt our cricketers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast