Arguments for pakistan's nuclear technology
by, 31-Oct-2010 at 04:05 PM (19845 Views)
Pakistan nuke tes.jpgEver since I can remember, and some of the material I have read and heard from credible sources makes me think what is the big deal with Pakistan having the technology which so many other countries do? The big deal is not very clear to me but in the process of listening and reading and arguing some facts became clear to me insofar as the critisizm against the program and preaching of many so called friends is concerned.
Before I present my arguments I must confess that I have serious doubts about people who try to twist facts and make them to look like what they are not, factually they are trying to make a fool of the other person and that is just unacceptable to me at personal or national levels.
Pakistan had contracts with French and Canadian companies in the 1960s to make Nuclear power projects for energy purposes, but under the pressure of 'friends' French and Canadians chose to back down unilateraly and thus forced Pakistan to pursue the acquisition of this technology which ofcourse was given impetus by the 1974 explosion by the indians accompanied by their heady intoxicated remarks.
No denying that many in this 'Fair' world would like to see us go down and buckle therefore we need to know our aims and reasons very clearly so that the friends in disguise can not dissway us from the right path. Lets examine the critisizm and what it is worth:
01. Pakistan has a lot of debt and we can not afford this program:
Seriously! the debt of Pakistan is more than $60 billion and we ran into this debt because of our politicians greed and incapeabilities, by this standard we do not afford the politicians. By the way how much money is spent on the program, don't know for sure but my fair guess is $2-4 billion.
02. A national debt of more than 60 billion, out of this $2-4 billion is spent on a technology which has multiple uses, defence is just one of them.
Why is the 2-4 billion sound painful to some? Energy generation, nuclear medical uses,diagnostic purposes are few other uses.
03. $2-4 billion out of$ 60 billion makes 4%-5%, now think about it for a minute. Critics are not critisizing the debt ammassed at the cost of our future generations prosperity but they are critisizing the technology which safeguards our future generations from being annhilated.
04. The 60 billion of debt has not been accounted for, our politicians have pocketed a lot of it but the critics are crying hoarse over the sum which can be accounted for, the sum spent on safeguarding the future of this nation.
05. India spends more than $30 billin on armed forces and this is the disclosed amount and in the face of that the critics are telling us that it would be good for us to roll back this program and downsize the Armed forces of Pakistan. If they can not make us go all the way they are trying to make us go half way!
06. The money spent on nuclear technology could be used to build Pakistan and for the poor.
$60 billion plus what happened to it, was that not enough to do whatever the politicians wanted to do to help the poor people? If we have not
been able to make the politicians account for this huge amount of money who are we trying to kid? Which one amongst us thinks that we are 100% sure the$ 2-4 billion would not have ended up in the pockets of the looters just as the rest of the money has?
07. Detterent effect.
Any one who has had the pleasure of reading the statement of the indian minister Mr. Manishankar at UNO last month and what he said about capturing Pakistan in 3 weeks should have no doubts about the detterent value of this technology.
08. Sense of confidence and trust.
The whole nation I am sure feels more secure knowing that it is not childs paly to mess with us and this gives all a whole new sense of confidence.
09. Satisfaction of colmpleting the project.
It is imperetive to complete what ever you start for that brings not only confidence but also a sense of trust among the team members and the nation. Completion also provides one with the ability and the tools to move forward and become more advanced. Does every one in the nation not trust the scientist who were involved in the project or do we trust these politicians who have only presented excuses for not keeping their promises.?
10. $ 2-4 billion could be used to alleviate poverty.
Every penny that we use for the poor is important and needs to be spent, at the same time who has stopped the politicians from spending whatever money they get, on whatever shemes they can, to uplift the poor? Except ofcourse their greed!
Has USA, or india been able to alleviate poverty in their respective nations? they should take a look in the mirror before giving us sermons especially the indian psuedo-intellectuals.
I have tried to present some thoughts hoping they will help some to have a clearer understanding of what the facts are and some pointers for us to think more analyticaly and a little comparitively.
Comments , critisizm welcome.0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes