Siasat.pk Forums
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Social Networking: A fool’s Paradise

I deleted my Facebook account some days ago. When I did, it was like a dark cloud was lifted from above my head, and glorious rays of sunlight came beaming through. It felt like a tumor has been removed from my brain, Life seemed to make sense again, food tasted good, and I actually enjoyed talking to friends. Do yourself a favor and liberate yourself from the prison of social ...
    Categories
    Pakistan , Education , General
  2. Was Shaheen hatf-IV Inter-continental Ballicstic Missile (ICBM) ?

Pakistan successfully fired Hatf 4- Shaheen-1A missile capable of carrying nuclear weapons. The missile was marked into the Indian ocean and was targeted successfully at its location, said Inter services public relations.

Haft 4 is an improvised form of Shaheen 1 missile series in Pakistan and capable of nuclear system. How ever ISPR didn't mentioned the range of ...

Updated 25-Apr-2012 at 11:23 PM by 707monty (i forgot to insert picture)

Categories
    Pakistan , Pakistan and India Issues , International Issues , Army
  3. نذیر ناجی۔۔۔۔ لفافہ صحافت کا بڑا نام

ملکہ ترنم کا ایک مشہور گانا ہے "مینوں نوٹ وکھا میرا موڈ بنے"۔اس گانے کی ویڈیو
  4. Media Bias against Imran Khan and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf

In the earlier days, when there was only one television channel, that too state-run, PTV, everything was according to what the government wanted to present as, whether the ruling government was that of a civilian elected democratically or of a dictator reigning through a military coup. PTV was the government’s mouth piece and a source of state propaganda and still continues to play that role. Till the electronic media remained dominant with the sole monopoly of PTV, everything in Pakistan was green, ...
  5. Rights and Privileges

Rights and Privileges

There is a saying in the United States - “Driving is a privilege and not a right”. I am using roads -‘a public property’ for my personal use and because of that, my rights of mobility are curtailed and I have to be in compliance. My car has to be of a minimum standard. I should have insurance for accident so if I ever hit someone’s ...
  6. Doctors, their education and materialism

Many doctors in our society show a highly mechanical and materialistic attitude towards their patients. There could be many factors leading to that outcome but I will look at it from an educational perspective. On that count the question is whether medical education prepare them as well-rounded humans who are cognisant of both the medical and ethical sides of their profession? A good physician or surgeon is of very little use unless he/she is a good human being who can treat humans the way they ...

Updated 14-Apr-2012 at 10:58 PM by Muhammad Ilyas Khan

Categories
    Pakistan , Education , General
  7. Marvi Memon Joins the List of Typical “Characterless” Lotas in the National Politics

Marvi Memon is someone who earlier supported ex-President Pervez Musharraf because her father, Nisar Memon was the Information and Broadcasting Minister for the years 2002 and 2007. Musharraf said that at one point in time Marvi used to consider him as her godfather in politics and characterized her parting ways from his side as a “characterless act”. He could have said that she demonstrated lack of political acumen by shifting parties, but he straightly went after her character and said that she ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast