PDA

View Full Version : Son of top political leader pressurised PCB to revoke Malik's one-year ban

Waseem
31-May-2010, 12:26 AM
Lahore, May 30: The sudden change of mind on part of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) which saw the one year ban imposed by it on former captain Shoaib Malik being revoked was actually due to the immense pressure on it being applied by a son of a top political leader, sources have revealed.

According to PCB insiders, board chairman Ijaz Butt was under tremendous pressure to lift the ban on Malik and also to reduce the two million rupees fine imposed on him following the recommendations of an inquiry commission, which was formed to look into the reasons behind Pakistan’s deplorable performance during the Australian tour.

“PCB chief Ijaz Butt, who is behind all this circus going on, was directed by the son, who has a close relation with Malik, of that top political leader to lift the ban. And Ijaz, who had no choice, complied with the orders,” The Daily Times quoted sources, as saying.

Earlier, expressing his pleasure over the appellate tribunal’s decision to lift the ban on him, Malik said the verdict has vindicated his stand all charges against him were baseless.

“I was shocked when they imposed the ban and it was not acceptable to me. But I am delighted this stigma of a ban has been removed from my name,” he said.

Malik said he was looking forward to focus only on his game and would be delighted to serve the team in whatever capacity.

With the discontinuation of the ban, Malik is likely to return to the Pakistan squad for important upcoming assignments. He has already been included in the list of 35 probables for the June 15-24 Asia Cup, and the exhaustive tour of England. (ANI)

Former Pakistan greats slam overturn of Malik ban

Former players Sunday lashed out at Pakistan cricket authorities for lifting a one-year ban on ex-captain Shoaib Malik, saying it would set a bad example.

A one-man arbitration panel set up by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Saturday accepted Malik's appeal against a one-year playing ban imposed for breach of discipline during foreign tours last year.

Retired judge Irfan Qadir on Saturday halved the original two million rupees (35,000 dollars) fine, paving the way for Malik's return to international cricket.

Former paceman Sarfraz Nawaz said the overturning did not bode well for the future of the game.

"The PCB has taken a coward's stance," Nawaz told AFP. "It's a decision taken under political pressure and will damage Pakistan cricket in the future."

Malik and allrounder Rana Naved-ul were banned for one year and fined two million rupees each for breaches of discipline during Pakistan's tours of United Arab Emirates, New Zealand and Australia between November and February.

The pair were among seven players who were fined and banned for indiscipline.

Former captains Younus Khan and Mohammad Yousuf were banned for indefinite periods over infighting.

Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi and Umar Akmal were fined heavily.

Yousuf retired in protest, but the other six players appealed. The five remaining appeals were adjourned until next month.

Nawaz said the PCB's decision was abrupt.

"(The) PCB took a decision against discipline breaches but couldn't stand the pressure from political forces. I also question the authority of the arbitrator as well who doesn't have the credibility and authority to take such a decision," said Nawaz.

Another former captain and ex-chief selector Amir Sohail said the PCB had been too quick to act.

"The PCB has taken a hasty decision," said Sohail, who resigned as director of the national cricket academy after differences with PCB chairman Ijaz Butt last year.

"To hide its own incompetence, the PCB targeted the players and after pressures from outside they abruptly lifted the ban."

Another former chief selector Abdul Qadir said Malik's ban overturn will encourage bad behaviour.

"By lifting the ban on Malik, the PCB has succumbed to political pressures," said Qadir, a former leg-spinner. "If the Board had taken a strong decision, it should have stuck to it come what may, but their decision will now encourage the players to violate discipline and get away with it."

Qadir said other players like Younus should also be cleared.

"Now it's the duty of the Board to clear other players also because it will be blamed to have done preferential treatment to one player after Malik is cleared," said Qadir.

The PCB has denied Malik's ban overturn was politically motivated, saying the decision "was taken after Malik's behaviour was monitored for three months."

Waseem
31-May-2010, 12:31 AM
Hmm, any idea about SON? For me its definitely Yousuf Raza Gilani's son, the same guys who punched a man at Shoaib-sania walima.

forzeb
31-May-2010, 12:41 AM
the whole country is corrupt.

Spartacus
31-May-2010, 12:59 AM
I guess this was Sania Mirza,s request to that PUNCHUUUU ( The Son of that politician ).
Punchuuu said ....O.K dear I will do my best to get your HUBBY in Pakistani Team again.
Hmmmmmm and he did.....Waoooooooo what a great power.....

jalalamardan
31-May-2010, 02:02 AM
he may come back to the team and play very good but what about the grace he has lost in our eyes and heart, and younis khan may not come back but our love for him will not diminish at all (a great player but more so a great human being)

yhdil
31-May-2010, 02:06 AM
Hmm, any idea about SON? For me its definitely Yousuf Raza Gilani's son, the same guys who punched a man at Shoaib-sania walima.

Couldnt agree more

yhdil
31-May-2010, 02:08 AM
he may come back to the team and play very good but what about the grace he has lost in our eyes and heart, and younis khan may not come back but our love for him will not diminish at all (a great player but more so a great human being)

Its so hurting to see Younis Khan being ditched like that whilst Malik who was unanimously nominated as bad influence on the team is being rewarded. What message are we giving to the youngsters like Umer, and Aaemer? Sham on the board !!

Waseem
31-May-2010, 02:56 AM
Its so hurting to see Younis Khan being ditched like that whilst Malik who was unanimously nominated as bad influence on the team is being rewarded. What message are we giving to the youngsters like Umer, and Aaemer? Sham on the board !!

The same deal was offered to Younis Khan, but he refused it coz he wants to be cleared by in a transparent way.

Farooq Khan
31-May-2010, 04:38 AM
Pakistan has a system in place that is like MAFIA CoZaNoStRa and everything is connected with the politics of the country only hand full of people are honost
indeed otherwise from Top To BoTTom everybody is looting the country and SPORTS is also part of their business they are so bad and shame less people in
SPORTs gov body if you check their record what they have achieved as a sportsmen in my opinion they are not qualified for the job but same people are
running the board this is sad and heart breaking.
Mohammad Yousaf and Younas Khan are the only batsmen in PAKISTAN team with the fifty plus and they are humiliated by these criminals this is very sad
Shoaib has lost his respect because now we all know that he is the problem in the team we hope both senior player will join the team and they will forgive him like he is the younger brother and younger will appologize and promise to RESPECT his seniors,AMEEN.

samy99
31-May-2010, 06:27 AM
I think shoaib's inclusion in the pak team is in the national interest because our middle order will be more strong and beside all the other banned players are in the team so why single out just one person. we should look this matter in broad sense rather than with negativity.Only Yousaf not in because he dont want it.we should not destroy someone's career just because of disipline whereas shoaib is such a good and dependable player . I am sure PCB will not regret their decision and hopefully all the players got the message about the disipline including shoaib malik beside sania is there to watch him and kick his *** if he does it again.

khanlala
31-May-2010, 07:05 AM
i think zardaari saaab also has got some hand in it. as i reckon he fancies sania mirza aswell as like the others. and dont forget zardari and this new couple (malik & sania) stayed in same hotel on the eve they arrived to pakistan.

peace!!!

rajakhanmd
31-May-2010, 07:48 AM
I think shoaib's inclusion in the pak team is in the national interest because our middle order will be more strong and beside all the other banned players are in the team so why single out just one person. we should look this matter in broad sense rather than with negativity.Only Yousaf not in because he dont want it.we should not destroy someone's career just because of disipline whereas shoaib is such a good and dependable player . I am sure PCB will not regret their decision and hopefully all the players got the message about the disipline including shoaib malik beside sania is there to watch him and kick his *** if he does it again.

This is not a matter of Shoaib Malick or Yousuf. It is simply a matter of selling the pride of your Nation for some personal agenda. I do not know about anyone, but I consider this as kind of treason. As a Pakistani, all I wanted was a proper inquiry, independent of any political pressure. The fact that Mr. Malick used political connections to find his way back in the team raises more doubts for me.

Moreover, someone who has been a close follower of cricket, I pity the youngster of the present Pakistan who consider Malick as a ''great player''. And even if he was a legendary cricketer or the back bone of Pakistani team, ''Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.''

samy99
31-May-2010, 08:16 AM
Raja,thank you for reminding but shoaib did't do the crime that his whole career should be put on line.All the other players are in the team so why keep him out.shoaib was not alone, it includes all others as well .As for the politics in cricket is concerned ,its history goes long way from the beginning.we should not grind ourselves just on one person then every one have to be included in this mess.My friend i understand your concern but right now again the pride of the country is on line because there is tough tour ahead and we need a strong team.If shoaib was involved like you said which he denies,then he is not alone-all the other players also should be penalized monetary but dont spoil anyone's career.politics is a big problem in our sports i agree with you my friend but give them a chance for our country's sake. There is no doubt that no compromise on disipline or politics will be tolerated next time, give a warning shot.

karachiwala
31-May-2010, 08:20 AM
I believe it could be the son of the PM. The same guy who was hitting people in Shoaib's Valima??

rajakhanmd
31-May-2010, 10:29 AM
@samy

Thanks for the post.

I respect your opinion for the players. But sorry bhai, I do not agree with your point of view. I stand by every word that I wrote before. I am not going to give any counter arguments in response to your post . I just need to further clarify my point of view regarding some things.

1) I consider Malick as suspect and I want an impartial inquiry to either prove or disprove the allegations. 2) Malik or X.Y.Z., everyone should be dealt in the same manner. 3) I am not proposing to end their career. If found guilty, Malik and company should apologise to all of us and pay the fine and can continue to play for Pakistan. We have seen this before in South Africa. This is how, I feel, a warning should be given.

“Justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere.” And we cannot afford that as a Nation.

Geek
31-May-2010, 02:13 PM
This was all PCb drama , This politics is destroying every sports in our country. Zardari appointed Ijaz Butt now how can he say No to his party leaders.

samy99
31-May-2010, 08:28 PM
Raja jani,i agree with your concern but politics in cricket is a long story and goes back long way.All the seniors try to ditch each other for their turn as captain etc.Like you said ,malik and others should be tried in a fair trial and if someone found guilty ,should be penalized- i agree on this point but single out just one is not fair and ruining someone's career is not the option.Fine them and also give them warning,i hope all the players now got the message that fooling around with the cricket team will not be in their interest anymore. Most of the players have their backing direct or indirect i know that but dont want to jeopardize someone's career.Hamad azam was such a good player but sitting outside.cricket has been politicized, no doubt about it,regards.

Rana Tahir Mahmood
31-May-2010, 08:45 PM
the whole country is corrupt.
I just correct the statement as "the whole elite of the country is corrupt"

LeftBrain
01-Jun-2010, 12:36 AM
I dont want to start it all over again, but in the history of Pakistan cricket, only players from one province did all this negative activities and damaged this game and its respect around the world.
Look at players who are charged one time or other for either match fixing, destroying dressing room atmosphere or acting negatively to destroy team, they are all from Punjab.
Then look at these administrators who are raping pakistan cricket like Ijaz Butt and Saleem ALtaf and Waseem bari and those politicians who are behind this circuss like Ahmad Mukhtar (Defence minister, Aijaz Butt's brother in law and the man behind his stay in power) are all from Punjab as well.

Salim Malik
Ata ur Rehman
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Mushtaq Ahmad
Inzimam ul Haq
Kamran Akmal
Umar Akmal
Shoaib Malik
Rana Naved ul Hasan
Shoaib Akhtar
Muhammad Asif

Other players in recent inquiry (Afridi, Younis and Yousuf) were penalized not for involvement in match fixing or damaging dressing room atmosphere, they are penalized for other reasons.

Cricket main bhi Punjab ne hamain kaheen ka naheen chora.

saeed khan
01-Jun-2010, 12:57 AM
One of the reasons is that 80% cricketers come from Punjab.

LeftBrain
01-Jun-2010, 01:47 AM
One of the reasons is that 80% cricketers come from Punjab.

yeah, but the problem is 100% ****, 100% corruption, 100% problems and 100% kachra comes from there!!!!!!

samy99
01-Jun-2010, 02:06 AM
No one should blame punjab ,its the people -does not matter where they belong to.shahid afridi was also blamed for match fixing in the past ,confirm it with someone but he is not alone I agree.Hafiz Kardar and Imran khan were the ones who had control over the team,rest is just dont ask*****. Most of the players are from punjab,may be thats why?

forzeb
01-Jun-2010, 02:11 AM
thanks for reply but i don't agree with this believe me if you look around yourself you will find my statment right

saeed khan
01-Jun-2010, 02:23 AM
Pujab has also produced the most honest player of Pakistan cricket.

rajakhanmd
02-Jun-2010, 11:20 AM
Raja jani,i agree with your concern but politics in cricket is a long story and goes back long way.All the seniors try to ditch each other for their turn as captain etc.Like you said .

Sorry Bhai, I got your point of view but I do not agree with you.

bons
02-Jun-2010, 11:30 AM

I think the original statement was not wrong. With few exceptions, shareef woh hay jis ko miqa nahi mila. You can observe it in everyday life. Almost everyone is doing corruption at his own level.

bons
02-Jun-2010, 11:49 AM
I dont want to start it all over again, but in the history of Pakistan cricket, only players from one province did all this negative activities and damaged this game and its respect around the world.
Look at players who are charged one time or other for either match fixing, destroying dressing room atmosphere or acting negatively to destroy team, they are all from Punjab.
Then look at these administrators who are raping pakistan cricket like Ijaz Butt and Saleem ALtaf and Waseem bari and those politicians who are behind this circuss like Ahmad Mukhtar (Defence minister, Aijaz Butt's brother in law and the man behind his stay in power) are all from Punjab as well.

Salim Malik
Ata ur Rehman
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Mushtaq Ahmad
Inzimam ul Haq
Kamran Akmal
Umar Akmal
Shoaib Malik
Rana Naved ul Hasan
Shoaib Akhtar
Muhammad Asif

Other players in recent inquiry (Afridi, Younis and Yousuf) were penalized not for involvement in match fixing or damaging dressing room atmosphere, they are penalized for other reasons.

Cricket main bhi Punjab ne hamain kaheen ka naheen chora.

Punjab ko gali dene ke bajaye apnay paoon par khara hona seekho. Punjab ne kisi ko kuch karne se roka hay? You should be ashamed of such sick mentality.
Do you want to say that people of Punjab are corrupt and all others are angels? Are Musharraf, Zardari and Altaf Hussain from Punjab? Good and bad people are everywhere. Punjabi log hi thay jo 1965 ki war main apnay jism par bomb baandh kar Indian tanks ke aagay lait gaye thay. It was the largest tank assault on Sialkot after the world war 2. There are countless contributions of Punjab in defending and building Pakistan.

bons
02-Jun-2010, 11:53 AM
yeah, but the problem is 100% ****, 100% corruption, 100% problems and 100% kachra comes from there!!!!!!

Have you seen your doctor lately?

LeftBrain
02-Jun-2010, 08:31 PM
Do you want to say that people of Punjab are corrupt and all others are angels? .
thanks for saying the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this is the bitter truth in my opinion, and as far as that assumption is concerned that 1965 war was any thing but a clear defeat, try to read some history books, paanchween class ki Muasharti Uloom ki kitaabain parh kar aisi hi knolwedge ho sakti hey kaakey tum ko!!!!

bons
03-Jun-2010, 05:00 AM
thanks for saying the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this is the bitter truth in my opinion, and as far as that assumption is concerned that 1965 war was any thing but a clear defeat, try to read some history books, paanchween class ki Muasharti Uloom ki kitaabain parh kar aisi hi knolwedge ho sakti hey kaakey tum ko!!!!

People like you are one of the reasons of Pakistan's regress. You are hopeless. Can't reason with you. Allah tumhain aur tum jaisay kunwain ke mendakon ko hidayat de. Aameen.